No amount can define the value of a university education. You are making an investment of time and money in yourself—one that will help you charge ahead, generate new ideas, and transform the world. Financial aid opportunities are available to help make a private Westminster University education accessible. Westminster pledges to make your educational experience as affordable as possible.
The Financial Aid Process
After you apply for admission, complete your FAFSA, and apply for scholarships, ensure all outstanding documents are received and you meet the requirements for financial aid.
- File a FAFSA each year when the application opens in October, if applicable. Use school code 003681 so Westminster will receive your information. The FAFSA is required to receive a Pell Grant, Direct Loans, and Federal Work-Study. If you are not a U.S. citizen or eligible non-resident, you can file a CSS Profile with the College Board, which will also consider your eligibility for need-based awards, such as the Griffin Grant. The CSS Profile is only required to be filed once, as there is a fee associated with the application. If you have financial difficulty meeting this cost, you can contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Check for required documents on Self-Service. If there was an issue with your FAFSA or if further information is needed you will receive an email instructing you to check Self-Service. Most documents can be uploaded directly through the financial aid section, but you may be required to stop by the office. You can also contact the Financial Aid Office for further clarification on what is needed.
- Wait for the Financial Aid Office to review your documents and create an award package. Your awards may change slightly each year, and the Financial Aid Office must prepare your awards based on the most recent data in your FAFSA.
- Accept any outstanding awards on Self-Service, including loans and Work-Study. If you do not accept these awards, they will not be disbursed to your account. You must accept these awards each academic year, as the acceptance does not carry over from previous years. If you wish to accept a lower amount, you may contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Ensure you meet the requirements for disbursement. To do this you must be making satisfactory academic progress (SAP) in maintaining at least a 2.0 GPA and finishing 70% of attempted credit hours. Also, ensure you are enrolled full-time for scholarships and grants, and not missing any outstanding documents. Funds will be disbursed 10 days before the start of classes if there are no outstanding documents or verification, and any excess funds beyond tuition and room & board will be disbursed via a paper check.
Your tuition, fully paid
All students should have the ability to explore their passions. Westminster College is proud to cover the cost of tuition for qualifying students through the Westminster Commitment.
As a private institution, Westminster University maintains the same tuition rates for domestic and international students and offers many of the same financial aid programs. These programs are intended to help qualified students attend Westminster University, regardless of where you come from.
Cost of Attendance
Figuring out your university expenses goes beyond tuition; it starts with determining the total cost of your attendance each year. Check out Westminster's tuition and fees anfood and housing costs or use the net price calculator.
Understanding the financial aid process can be overwhelming. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.