Admitted International Students
Congratulations on being admitted to Westminster University! The following is a list of things to do to help make your transition to Westminster as smooth as possible.
If you have any questions about the steps you need to take after being admitted to Westminster, reach out to the International Admissions team member you have already been in contact with or contact the International Admissions Office at 801.832.2200 or email@example.com.
The SEVIS Form I-20 is a 3-page document used by students to obtain a F-1 student visa. Westminster University is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. Upon acceptance, non-immigrant students submit financial guarantee documents and request the initial or transfer SEVIS Form I-20. Please upload the required I-20 application documents to your Westminster application portal.Note:
- Transfer Students must also ask their current school to fill out the SEVIS Transfer-In Form and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have dependents (your children, spouse, etc.) who plan to come to the U.S. with you on F-2 visas, they will need their own I-20 forms. Please let your admissions counselor know as this will affect the I-20 process. You will also need to upload your dependents’ passports and fill out the Dependent Statement of Financial Responsibility Form.
Pay Your Tuition and Housing Deposit
Tuition and housing deposits are combined for international students. Pay your deposit to secure your spot at Westminster. After paying the deposit, the International Admissions Office can issue you the Form I-20 for your student visa application. Additionally, after you pay your deposit, you will be ready to register for classes and housing when those registration periods begin.
A recommend deposit by date is provided to international students due to the many steps related to the visa process that you will take. Following this recommendation and completing other admitted student steps on time will allow you to apply for a visa and arrive in Utah for orientation. For fall entry, it is recommended you pay your deposit by May 1. For spring entry, it is recommended you pay your deposit by October 31.
- Pay online:
- Pay by phone:
Apply for a student visa with the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country
Students who are entering the United States for the first time with an I-20 will need to complete the following steps with the Department of Homeland Security:
- Payment of the I-901 SEVIS fee. The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) uses SEVIS fee payments to fund and maintain the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), the immigration database used to process documents for international students and exchange visitors during their stay in the United States.
- Apply for the non-immigrant visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. All visa applicants must submit a completed DS-160 Online Non-immigrant Visa Application. You will need your passport and SEVIS ID number to complete this form.
- Schedule the visa interview.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Prepare for and attend the visa interview.
For more information about the process and rules for studying in the United States as an international student, visit the Homeland Security website.
Join the Admitted Student Community on Instagram
Register for Classes
Register for Housing
Westminster University requires that all first- and second-year students live on campus. Campus housing is in high demand. Secure your spot in one of the residence halls early. The first- and second-year Westminster living experience is designed to provide students with the best possible college experience. Application open date and deadline to be announced.
Fly In on Arrival Days
Admitted for Fall 2023: Aug. 17-18
Please arrive at Salt Lake International Airport between 9:00-21:00 on either of these
Airport pick-up service is available for new international students arriving from abroad. To request an airport pickup, fill out the “New International Students Arrival Plan” and upload your flight tickets to the application portal.
Note: F-1 students and their dependents are permitted to enter the U.S. no more than 30 days prior to the report date, #5 on the I-20 form. Westminster is unable to accommodate early arrivals to on-campus housing so if you arrive prior to the arrival date, you will be responsible for finding accommodation in a hotel and arranging transportation from the airport.
Admitted for Fall 2023: Aug. 20-22
Be ready to attend classes on the semester start date:
Admitted for Fall 2023: Aug. 23
Attend International Student Orientation
Required for all international students starting at Westminster University in Fall
2023. Students must bring their passports with visa stamps.
Date: Friday, August 25, 2023
Time: 9:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Location: Dick 109
Please complete the “International Student Orientation” course on Canvas before attending the in-person event.LEARN ABOUT INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES