The Westminster Outdoor Program exemplifies Westminster's unique environment for learning, which is located minutes from world-class skiing, mountain biking, and rock climbing in the local Wasatch Mountains. Beyond the Wasatch lie Utah's red rock deserts, wild rivers, and vast wilderness areas—all of which become both Westminster's playground and classroom.
Through meaningful outdoor experiences, the Outdoor Program helps students to develop leadership, technical skills, self-awareness, character, and stewardship. Student leadership is a priority for the program and most outdoor trips are student-led. Graduates who were a part of the Outdoor Program often leave Westminster having weeks of valuable field experience, advanced certifications, and an understanding of how lessons learned in the outdoors can apply to other areas of college, career, and everyday life.
Whether you're joining us for an evening hike or a weekend in the backcountry, you'll most likely learn something new, meet interesting people, and spend time in awe-inspiring places.
Upcoming Trips and Events
Westminster students, faculty, staff, alumni, and their guests are welcome to participate in outdoor program trips and events. We're committed to supporting anyone who is interested in getting involved regardless of skill level, previous experience, or equipment needs. Contact email@example.com with any questions or if you would like to participate but cannot pay the entire event fee. While modest, the Outdoor Program Participation Fund is designed to help in these cases.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- If there is a fee, you must pay for the trip or event before you are considered to be registered. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're having trouble with payment.
- If you register for a trip and cancel before the registration deadline (if applicable), you can receive a refund for the trip.
- If you register for a trip and cancel before the pre-trip meeting (if applicable), but after the registration deadline (if applicable), you can apply the registration fees as a credit toward a future trip with the Outdoor Program within the same academic school year.
- If you cancel after the pre-trip meeting (if applicable), no refunds or credits will be given.
- You MUST attend scheduled pre-trip meetings for trips if applicable. Meeting dates and times vary and will be included in event information. If you do not attend the meeting and have not made other arrangements with us to get trip information, your spot on the trip may be forfeited. Email email@example.com with any questions or concerns about attending pre-trip meetings.
- No refunds for Wilderness First Responder/First Aid/re-certifications, avalanche certification courses, and AMGA Single Pitch Instructor course will be given unless the Outdoor Program cancels the event.