Richard Badenhausen, Ph.D
Dean, Honors College
Alicia Cunningham-Bryant, Ph.D
Associate Professor, Director of Fellowship Advising
Jose Hernandez Zamudio
Assistant Dean, Honors College
The Honors Council works in conjunction with the dean of the Honors College to oversee and support the administration of the university on topics including:
- Curricular matters
- Recruitment, admissions, and retention
- Selection and distribution of grants and awards
- Enhancement of the student experience in Honors
Faculty members are appointed in consultation with the dean of the Honors College for 2-year terms, with 3 from Arts and Sciences (Nick Pollock '23, Kristjane Nordmeyer ’22, Russ Costa ’22), staggered so that not all of the positions come up for reappointment each year; 1 each from the Gore School of Business (Alysse Morton '22), the School of Education (open position), and the School of Nursing and Health Sciences (Han Kim ’23); and 1 at-large faculty member (Connie Etter ’23).
Ex Officio (Voting) Members
- Dean of the Honors College, who also serves as chair of the Honors Council
- Assistant Director of Honors
- Director of Fellowship Advising
- Honors Faculty Fellow
- Representative from the Advising Staff
- Assistant director of Admissions, or whichever Admissions position oversees the recruitment of high achieving students at the university.
- 2 students, who are the president and vice president of the Student Honors Council, for 1-year terms.
“I love Westminster, and I love the Honors College. I really feel like I found a home of academic inquiry and experimentation that’s not afraid to dream big and think bigger.”
— Alicia Cunningham-Bryant, Kim T. Adamson endowed professor in Honors