Intramural sports provide fun and friendly competition in a variety of individual and co-rec team sports and activities, with an emphasis on inclusion and team work. Intramurals are open to all students, faculty, and staff (excluding varsity athletes in the same sport).
How To Get Involved
- Create an IMLeagues account and browse the offered sports. IMLeagues teams can indicate whether they need additional people to join.
- Create or join a co-rec team through IMLeagues by the registration deadline. Players cannot be added after the first game.
- Pay the refundable $10 forfeit fee at the HWAC reception desk by the registration deadline. Teams that forfeit will not get their deposit back.
- Read the rules and sign the waiver on IMLeagues.
- If you're a captain, attend the captain's meeting listed on IMLeagues.
- Present your ID card before each game. All participants must have membership forms on file.
- Watch team sign-ups, find schedules, and check standings on IMLeagues.
Every league receives a Sportsmanship Rating. After every game, each team will be rated on sportsmanship on a scale of 1–4 (1 being very poor sportsmanship and 4 being outstanding). Teams must have an average sportsmanship score of 3 or more to participate in the playoffs.
Contact Laura Iverson, Assistant Director of Fitness, Wellness, and Recreation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2023 Schedule
|Sport||Registration Deadline||Days of Play||Times||Location|
|Basketball (5 on 5)||Nov. 1||Mondays, Nov. 6–27||8-10:00 p.m.||Dolores Doré Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center|
|Outdoor Soccer (8 on 8)||Sept. 13||Mondays, Sept. 18–Oct. 9||8–10:00 p.m.||Elevated Playing Field|
|Indoor Volleyball (6 on 6)||Oct. 29||Wednesdays, Nov. 11–15||7-9:00 p.m.||Dolores Doré Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center|
|Sand Volleyball (2 on 2)||Sept. 13||Friday, Sept. 15||2–4:00 p.m.||Sand Court|
When it comes to sports, it takes more than a team to make it happen. You need coaches, support, and most importantly referees. Students can apply for paid intramural officiating positions to build their job skills and increase their familiarity with a sport.
Contact Laura Iverson, Assistant Director of Fitness, Wellness and Recreation, at email@example.com if you are interested in becoming an intramural supervisor or official.
Westminster University cannot assume responsibility legally or financially for injuries that occur during any program, event, or contest. Play at your own risk.