Westminster College of Arts and Sciences
The Political Science Program at Westminster University
In the Political Science program, you’ll examine political institutions and ideologies while personalizing your studies to meet your career goals. The program is a blend of social awareness and problem-driven learning that prepares you for leadership positions in the complex field of politics.
Program curriculum combines domestic politics with communication and economics courses, among others. By merging these components with political science, you develop the self-awareness and critical-thinking skills that will accompany you through your professional life.
Who the Political Science Program Is For
Students in the Political Science program are curious and an independent thinkers that are interested in the analysis of policy, governments, and power relations.
- Small class sizes encourage lively discussions with fellow classmates and professors
- Opportunities to conduct and present undergraduate research independently or in collaboration with faculty members
- Close relationship with with other programs that allows you to explore problems of equity, sustainability, social justice, and global engagement
- Access to study abroad and internship opportunities that allow you to connect with peers
sample Political Science courses
- PLSC-106: Exploration in Politics
- PLSC-306: Comparitive Politics
- PLSC-316: Issues in Global Politics
- PLSC-348: Congress and the Presidency
Mike Zarkin, PhD
Political Science program plan of study
Curriculum allows you to study politics in relation to your personal interests—guiding you towards a meaningful career.
Liberal Studies Course
Political Science Career Opportunities
The Political Science program prepares students for the career of their choice. Many students have continued their education in law and graduate schools, while others have gone on to obtain political activism, government, nongovernmental, and nonprofit jobs.
- International and global affairs
- Political activism
- Education, academia, and research
- Mass communication
- Legislation and policy building
There's No Better Investment Than You
Westminster University knows you want an education where you matter—a place that will serve as a launchpad for a successful career and a meaningful life. Westminster will work with you individually through every step of the financial aid process. From scholarships to grants and loans, Westminster helps you make it happen.
With the highest percentage of students who complete one or more internships in the state, Westminster students hit the ground running with real-world experience. Plus, 90% of students were either employed or attending graduate school within 5 months of graduating. With a Westminster degree, you don't have to choose between a successful career and a fulfilling life.
You’ll be automatically considered for scholarship and grant opportunities.
In addition to general merit scholarships, other scholarship programs are available to support you throughout your time at Westminster.Check Out Scholarships
Your tuition, fully paid
All students should have the ability to explore their passions. Westminster University is proud to cover the cost of tuition for qualifying students through the Westminster Commitment.