The purpose of the Westminster Employee Wellness Program is to raise awareness among employees about the importance of lifestyle behaviors that promote good health and encourage overall wellness which includes physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and social wellness. By increasing awareness and encouraging participation we are hoping that employees will learn how to make those positive choices which will have a positive impact on their lives at work and at home.
- Lower levels of stress
- Increase physical activity = improved physical fitness
- Increased well-being, self image and self-esteem
- Weight reduction
- Decreased injuries
- Improve dietary habits of employees
- Reduce health risk factors
- Reduce the overall use of sick leave
How to Participate in the Westminster Employee Wellness Program
- You must be a faculty or staff of Westminster University to participate
- It is FREE to participate
- Use the Monthly Points Sheet to begin keeping track of Wellness Activities. If a certain activity can be classified in multiple areas of wellness please just choose one area.
- Turn in points every month by emailing a copy of the the spreadsheet by the 10th day of the following month. (January's points are due February 10th)
- When you are ready to redeem your points email Traci Siriprathane with your desired item and number of points you are trading in.
- Employee Wellness Challenge Participant Information Sheet
Although not required, participants are encouraged to schedule a Fitness Assessment in the Fitness, Wellness, and Recreation Department (this is something that can earn you 100 points). A fitness assessment will give you a baseline for future assessment and will be able to show your improvement.