four male students playing pool together

Veteran and Military Dependent Admissions

How to Apply to Westminster University

Westminster University is a small, comprehensive university nestled in the eclectic Sugar House neighborhood of Salt Lake City, Utah. Submit your application to Westminster and make the first step toward your academic journey at Westminster.


Campus Community

Find a supportive campus community through the Westminster Military Association. Students also have access to the VA VITAL program

No Application Fee

Undergraduate students can apply without an application fee. Graduate students can qualify for a fee waiver to apply without a fee.

Support for Veterans

The Center for Veteran and Military Services hosts representatives from the Department of Veterans Affairs, offers study space, and is stocked with academic resources.

"People think that the military is this specific, cookie-cutter molding system that creates a certain type of person. The reality couldn’t be more opposite."

Read The Story

Corbin Catmull
(‘17), Marine Corps Veteran


Colleges for Veterans
U.S. News and World Report, 2023


Best in the West
U.S. News and World Report, 2023


 Undergraduate for Nursing
U.S. News and World Report, 2023

GI Bill® and Military Tuition Assistance

Westminster University maintains accreditation through the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and is approved for veteran’s benefits. In addition, many Westminster University academic departments maintain specialized/program accreditation


Admissions Requirements



Submit Your Application for Admission



Register for a Joint Services Transcript

  • Register for a (JST) account
  • Request your transcript by clicking on the “Transcripts” tab at the top of the page, then “Official Transcript Request.”


Submit Additional Transcripts

Submit official transcripts from every higher education institution you’ve attended. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the college or university. Additionally, if you’ve earned fewer than 60 University credits, you must submit an official high school transcript (or equivalency) showing a date of graduation.



Review Program Requirements

Some programs at Westminster may require additional application materials.

How to Apply to Programs with Additional Applications

Several undergraduate programs at Westminster University require an extra application or audition for admittance. The first step for any of these programs is to complete your Westminster University application. Once you submit your application, you can apply for these additional programs.

How to Join an ROTC Program

Westminster University participates in cross-town partnership agreements with the University of Utah for the following Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) programs:

  • Army ROTC
  • Navy ROTC
  • Air Force ROTC

Frequently Asked Questions

To access your Joint Services Transcript (JST), register for a JST account and request your transcript by clicking on the “Transcripts” tab at the top of the page, then “Official Transcript Request.”

Type in the institution name or any part of the name and click “search” or hit the
enter key. Do not use any punctuation when typing the institute name. Verify delivery method. For Army and National Guard, transcripts can only be ordered and delivered online. For all other services, there are two types of delivery methods:

  • Online: you can order as many transcripts as needed.
  • U.S. Postal Service Delivery: only 2 transcripts within 30 days can be delivered due to production and postage costs. Hard copies will be delivered on the next business day after transcripts are ordered.

Acknowledge consent statement if the location is correct: you will need to click the box at the bottom of the page stating you have read and agree with the consent statement, and then click “yes.”

If the location is incorrect, click “no” at the bottom of the page and you will be returned to the list of campuses to allow you to select the correct location.

Make sure you have typed the name correctly and scroll through the list. If your
institution or location is not on the list, you will need to fill out the Official Request
Form listed under your service:

  • Army
  • Coast Guard
  • Marine Corps
  • Navy
  • Air Force: You may order an official free transcript from CCAF by logging into AFVEC.
    • Under Self Service, click "CCAF View Progress Report"
    • In the "Transcripts" drop down, click "Order a Transcript
Westminster provides current and transparent information to students using Federal and/or VA education benefits to fund their academic endeavors in the form of a School Shopping Sheet (also known as a College Financing Plan). To receive an accurate estimate of the cost to attend Westminster University, please complete the cost of attendance estimation process.

Questions? We're here to help.

Center for Veteran and Military Services



right arrow icon


If you prefer, you can submit a question to the Veterans Center and someone from the center will contact you.