Westminster College of Arts and Sciences
The Chinese Language Program at Westminster University
Entry-level Mandarin Chinese courses are designed to help you create connections to the rest of the world and become familiar with one of today’s most prominent languages. The Language Program offers a one-year Mandarin Chinese course sequence with occasional second-year and May term offerings. Classes are designed to give students practical tools for communicating in written and spoken Mandarin and to deepen their knowledge and appreciation of Chinese culture.
Who the Chinese Language Program Is For
Our Chinese language courses offer a comprehensive education of the Chinese and Asian cultures. Students who have a particular interest in discussing subjects like sustainable development, government systems, and the international market will broaden their horizons through this series of courses.
Chinese courses aim to give students practical tools for communicating in written and spoken Mandarin and deepen their knowledge and appreciation of Chinese culture. The study of Mandarin will broaden the international horizon of liberal arts students and will be of great value in many professions and enterprises (business, trade, politics, travel, history, and literature).
Sample CHINESE courses
- CHIN-110: Basic Chinese I
- CHIN-111: Basic Chinese II
- CHIN-220: Basic Chinese III
- CHIN-221: Basic Chinese IV
What are the benefits of the chinese language program?
- Small class sizes mean you'll receive personalized attention from your professors.
- Discussion-based learning is at the heart of our program. Each class emphasizes the practice of Mandarin Chinese through meaningful conversations.
- A focus on Chinese and Asian cultures allows you to expand your global knowledge and understanding.